What should I have in my hand?
Goes perfectly with our Lyme Bay Shoreline 2018!
The crisp, fresh acidity and saline finish cuts the salty and lightly fatty gammon really well.
The grapefruit and tropical citrus in the wine pairs well with the pineapple and grapefruit in the salsa and this is really simple to cook and assemble.
Recipe (for 4 people)
4x Gammon steaks (8-ounces each)
160g pineapple (diced small) (about ¼ of a pineapple)
40g grapefruit segments (about ½ of a grapefruit)
10 mint leaves
12 mini capers
2 spring onions (finely sliced)
SO WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Very lightly oil the gammon steaks so they don’t stick to the grill or barbecue
- Char grill or barbecue the steaks until they are just cooked through to the centre (about 2-4 minutes on each side depending on thickness)
- While the steaks are grilling, mix together all the remaining ingredients to make a loose salsa and dress with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Serve the steaks with the pineapple salsa on top
- Can be served with chips, fried eggs or any sides and salads you like